<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 01, 2002

Holy crap I am so freakin oblivious.

Like if Milla Jovovich ran up and kissed me, I probably would think she just tripped. It's sad. Guys like me (and there are a lot of them) just don't get it, and we never will. So forget about all your plans! Get this, I went on a date with a girl one summer... and she asked me to pick a movie. Since I am a moron I didn't realize that we were actually going on a date... I thought it was just a friendly... outing?

So I picked Evolution, which is the worst bloody date movie on the face of the earth. Actually, no, I take that back, later I took the girl to see Scary Movie 2....... Anyway, I show up at her house, and meet her parents. Her dad said something of the effect of "hah, good luck with her" which left me wondering why someone's father would say this to one of his daughters friends. In the theater, during the middle of the movie, she sticks her freaking hand out on the arm rest, palm up, so we can do the whole holding hands thing. Me, not knowing that we were on a date, stared at her hand for a minute, then returned my attention to the movie. She was bewildered. When I dropped her off at her house I gave her the stiff tree hug that tall guys like me are famous for giving, then left. Oh boy, did I suffer the wrath of an unpleased date later.

But that is my point... a great deal of guys are oblivous to the attempts of the opposite sex... and so they get angry when we don't understand what is happening. And who suffers?

For the oblivious guys out there, you can seek treatment. They have help centers where you can be exposed to typical female behavior and learn how to read those signs.. but that would take out all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?

Tonight's quote "In some cases, she likes the guy she gives the most attention to, in others, she's a lesbian."

Right now I am listening to: Alkaline Trio - Mr. Chainsaw





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?