<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A question of faith and what I'll do when I'm 25 



Before I talk abou anything else, I'd like to recommend Zone Runner 2 for some good harcore platforming fun. It's pretty hard, but also pretty addictive

So which should I go for?



OR



I'm feeling the pressure. Last night after an amazing round at Wimbledon, Tim Henman, the only man representing Great Britain, defeated Mark Philippoussis. My dad and I cheered. I also learned that Andy Roddick made it through. I hope one of them loses so I can root for the other, because otherwise I'm going to have an internal clash of national identity. I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't Roger Federer.

Suprising that I'm following sports, eh? They are a lot more fun over here. I enjoy watching tennis and football (Soccer to the US) a lot more than American football or basketball. Dad and I watched a good bit of Euro 2004 until England was cheated out of a win against Portugal.

I haven't blogged in the past couple of days because the library was closed on Sunday, and I was away on Monday, investigating the University of York as a potential for graduate school. After examining the 1+3 option for a Msc and PhD, I realized that, if everything went smoothly, I'd have a doctorate at age 25. That's really fucking young in my opinion, and quite scary. I can't be Dr. Collin that early. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Yet, despite this, I'm determined to do it. Get a doctorate and become the world expert on population and development. No problem. *Shudder*

We had another slug attack last night, despite a few nights of peace and quiet thanks to my bording up their hole. I'm going to take drastic measures, so be prepared to read the end of my journal.

I was going to post a short story today, but I keep writing more and more, so eventually that'll appear and I'll post it on Stranger in the Mirror.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?