<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 04, 2004

Read my lips 



Last night I saw the 2001 French film Sur mes levres or Read My Lips.

It was brilliant. I'm loving it over here, as the local video rental store has all of the great foreign and independent films that I missed in Clemson this year.

Read My Lips follows the dull, mid-thirties life of Carla, a secretary that is mostly deaf, and uses a hearing aid. Due to the fact that she used to be completely deaf, she knows sign language and how to read lips. She has almost no social life, until one day her boss asks her to find an assistant for herself. She finds Paul, a younger man, just out of jail, with no experience. Soon she begins to use Paul to help her career, and Paul, not completely detatched from his life in crime, thinks of a use for her lip reading...

I suggest you check it out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?