<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

Shameless self-promotion. 



I arrived in London today, but nothing has happened yet, so I'm going to spend this post talking about Caustic Cindex, the electronic project I've been doing on and off for the past 4 or 5 years.

I was happy to learn the other day that if you google "Caustic Cindex" the entire first page of entries, with the exception of one, all involve me. Try it sometime. You'll find the new download page I started with some of my older "singles" and some of the newer songs. You'll also find some sites where my friend Brian, aka Parallax, has remixed my songs; I've remixed some of his as well.

While not convinced at all that I'm any good, and not trying to break out in any sort of way, I have realized that I've written quite a lot of material. If you go to my Clemson site you can ee listings for my first two cds, Never Been There and Dehack, which together make up about 160 minutes worth of music.

Never Been There is more laong the lines of Intelligent Dance Music/Experimental; probably because it was my first attempt at making electronic music. You'll find the melodies to be minimalist and scarce, with more focus on drum machine work. Dehack is more standard Electronica/Experimental, as there is a fair amount of ambience and drone involved. Both cds are heavily influenced by old video game music. You'll often find connections to early 90's shareware games, like Doom and Tyrian.

Right before I left for England, I finished my first mix of a new CC cd. It's much more melodic than the first two; much more like a video game score in my opinion. I should finish the final portion when I get back.

I've also done a remix for a signed artist called Soulchasm. He seems to have fizzled out since, so it's not actually possible to find a copy online, but it was popular for a time on mp3.com.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. Do some downloading, and if you are interested, I can send people all 3 albums on mp3 when I get back to Clemson.

Off to enjoy the London air...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?