<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

This is the way we disappear 



Well, I finally saw Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. What an incredible movie. Since everyone is fairly familiar with it, I'll spare a review, except to say that the last couple lines make the whole movie. We understand that despite the fact that we know most relationships end up badly, we accept that.



Last night Dad and I finished up Ingmar Bergman's 5 hour Oscar winner Fanny and Alexander. Despite having its magical and unique moments, since it clocks in at 5 hours I do not recommend this to my average friend, especially if you have the tendency to fall asleep 1 hour into a movie *cough*Kristina*cough*Meredith :)

The story was quite good though. Fanny and Alexander's theater owning father dies, and their actress mother marries the local Lutheran Bishop, who turns out to be, a term we use of here, a right bastard. Alexander, in the meantime, is haunted by the ghost of his dead father. It has a happy ending though, despite the fact that it is a Bergman film.



I saw the third movie in the Three Colors trilogy the other day, Red, starring the gorgeous Irene Jacob. She plays a lonely model who meets a retired judge after she rescues his dog from a car accident. A strange friendship follows, as the two seem to understand each other quite well. At the end of the movie, the fates of the characters from all three movies are revealed.

I've been cultured through other means as well. Last night we went to go see modern Spanish dance, which was quite good. I've also been working on the CSV volunteer's website for some volunteer hours:

You can check it out here. I just added some Opportunities, and started work on their Profiles section. Nothing snazzy, but I think it'll work.

It's the weekend which = internet blackout! I hope everyone has a good weekend. My mom should have arrived by now, so I'm going to go say hi. In 2 weeks I'll be back.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?