<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Mark of the stranger 

Because of my atrocious sleeping habits, sleep has begun to take me in whatever class that isn't preceded by a frappuchino. It is because of this that I left Real Analysis today in a slighty dire and groggy mood.

I was passing the ampitheater on the way to the post office when I saw a pretty blonde girl in sweatpants coming down the stairs. She was looking right at me, which I found odd, and as I got closer she aimed her path right into mine and said, with quite some enthusiasm, "I have got to talk to you!"

The process of a dubious geeky mind whirred:

CCN?
Honors?
I'm in her class?
She's selling something?
CCN?
There's a guy standing behind me?

I stopped, somewhat dumfounded by her open approach, and she said, pointing to my chest "They are my favorite band, and I've never seen someone around here wearing a shirt like that!" She smiled, I smiled as I realized she was referring to my Alkaline Trio t-shirt with a heart-and-skull design.

She hadn't lost too much momentum and neigther had I, so for some reason I just smiled to her and said, "Awesome!" as we walked by each other, and I continued up the steps.

Time, it seems, has not been kind to my way with women, as it would have been so easy to say: "Really? Have you heard their new split cd? No? Here, I can send it to you online!"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?