<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Blogging a nightmare 

Last night, I dreamt of a society that was hell-bent on forgetting the past. We lived under a system that required its people to forget everyone they knew every few years.

It was a simple process: we were all piled into a room, while a cloaked man, eerily close in appearance to the grim-reaper, beckoned from the night outside. One by one, you all walked through the door, and vanished from sight. Bit by bit our memories of all the times we've had together were erased, until there were just a few of us left in the room.

I looked at the last couple of friends that were with me. I expressed a desire to stop this; we didn't have to forget each other. However, they had already resigned to their fate, and so they walked through the black door to the man with the long fingers, and I was left alone in a world that wouldn't remember me. Through many a tear, I walked out to join them, to forget the times we've had that will never be.

Later on, I found myself to be in a world full of beautiful women, and in an Alfie-like way I flirted my way around, never fully committing to any of them, yet remaining the object of their desire. As I was luring a cute redhead into my trap, I wondered if there was a past life that I was forgetting, for all this felt different.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?