<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Sure, it's embarrassing enough as a blog 



but imagine your parents receiving this in the mail, with your name on it!

This is exactly what happened because of Victoria's Secret's inability to follow directions.

A past relationship called for ordering something from this provocative website, and despite making it very clear on the order form that I wanted in no shape or form to be affiliated with Victoria's Secret, they made it a point to send a catalogue to my house with my name on it, where my parents were kind enough to pick it up for me.

Shortly thereafter, I was talking to both my parents on the phone, when the issue was brought up.

Dad: "Oh yeah, Thea, did you remember...."
Mom: "Oh! You wouldn't believe what arrived in the mail today, Matt."
Me (apathetic): "Really? What was it?"
Dad: "It was a Victoria's Secret catalogue/"
Mom: "With your name on it."

Pause...

Pause...

Mom (laughter)

Me: "Well that's interesting... soooooo:*CHANGES SUBJECT IMMEDIATELY*

That's the last I heard of it, except for finding it on my desk when I went home for the next break. It made me feel terribly and embarrassingly adult. Has anyone had a time where they've presented their parents with some good evidence that you're growing up? It doesn't have to be racy, just interesting.

So I keep getting the e-mails, and every now and then someone sees it and mistakingly thinks that I'm some sort of player... or a cross-dresser?!?!?!?

PS. Check back with my previous post for a picture of the uber-creepy Tony!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?