<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tres 

By nature, I am and always will be a difficult person. My earliest memory is of a time I was particularly difficult:

My mother's mother (known to me as Nana, not Grandma) used to live on a farm with my step-grandfather, Peter. I had done something wrong--thrown a tantrum or done something that was 'bad' for a 3-4 year old to do. I fled with my face full of anger. What lingers in my mind is the image of my descent down the stairs. I stopped and looked at Nana, who was waiting for me at the bottom. I started crying again, realizing what a bother I had been.

-----

There is another time that comes to mind... while I'm talking about being bratty. I was in the UK (I believe) with my parents. We were in a department store, and I saw a toy I really wanted. I expressed my desire and it was denied. The street outside the store was very busy, and my parents expected me to follow. I lost them for a split second, and then saw them go into a nearby store, thinking I was in tow. I decided to show them not to mess with a little redhead, and went back into the department store by the toy. They eventually found me, and I started bawling as the pulled me away.
-----

I don't know if either of these examples are dreams are faint memories. I hope that my memories from today never get as faint as those do. In Biology, we learned that the older the get, the less REM sleep you get (= less dreaming). I hope my dreams are never replaced with long ago memories.

It's safe to say my stubbornness stayed with me, although sometimes I can allow myself to be the calm party. However, this is something I usually left behind when I entered an academic setting, and I hope it won't surface as much in Oxford as it did when I was out at class at Clemson.

In the meantime, I apologize for all the times I've been... difficult. Either it's just my nature, or I was low on sugar at the time. The best way to get me to shut up when I'm being difficult is to give me a Mars bar, as it'll up my sugar, or at the very least, occupy my mouth so I can no longer speak.

Or you can smile:

Song for today: Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm

Describe a time when you were a real brat.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?